Monday, August 3, 2009

Gone Fishing

E-puck brought Jeff, me and Pookie out fishing at his favorite spot near the ocean. Little did we know we were going to stock up on fish that day! We started off fishing for black rockfish. They each caught their limit on black rockfish and I was slow in catching them. The guys said, "Cyndi, you know you're going to catch the biggest one of all of us." I was like....yeah right!!! Well...as we were getting ready to check the long line, I thought I hooked up on land. OH NO!!! I knew it! I'm hooked on bottom. Jeff looked at my pole and said, No, you got a fish. I said to him, no I'm hooked on bottom. He said, look at your line. You're pulling up. My heart started beating!!! Sure enough, I pulled up slowly and saw a big ling cod. Careful not to break surface I slowly led it to the net. No sooner I lead it to the net, it lets go of the fish. It wasn't even caught by hook. It was a hungry monster. The black rockfish were monsterously big that day. The ling cod was a monster and when we were pulling up the long line...guess what?!?!?!? We got a 250 lb monster halibut! All in all, we got 14 halibut (let two go), 3 ling cod, 19 black rockfish and one pacific cod. No partrige in a pear tree. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment