After spotting some nice yellow cedar the other day while working in the Dog Salmon Lake area, I grabbed Sam to tag along with me to go get that wood. Since Polk Inlet is in the vicinity, I decided to throw the shotgun in and go see if any were hanging out in a little corner of the flat I know about. After sneaking in to the corner and finding nothing, I could hear geese in the distance. I snuck around the bend, to see them over near the mouth of Rock Creek. After carefully sneaking to the far tree line, I spotted them actually tucked up along the tree line just this side of the creek mouth. A careful crawl up into the second growth put me in the position to put the hurt on them. I hopped out in the most perfect place and knocked down three of the fifteen or so that were there. After recovering my birds, I returned the truck. Sam and I proceeded to go pick up the wood I was wanting. On the way home, I checked a fairly recent clearcut where I knew some more yellow cedar would be waiting. While hauling a split round to the truck I heard geese and spotted another group flying down the clearcut towards us. A dash to the truck, a sudden toss of the round into the truck, a quick grab of the shotgun, and a proper positioning on a landing allowed me to knock down number 4 and fill my limit. Cyndi was really shocked at the size of these birds. They are going to taste really good roasted this winter! And Baby Girl, well she really liked what dad brought home!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
A limit of Canadians
After spotting some nice yellow cedar the other day while working in the Dog Salmon Lake area, I grabbed Sam to tag along with me to go get that wood. Since Polk Inlet is in the vicinity, I decided to throw the shotgun in and go see if any were hanging out in a little corner of the flat I know about. After sneaking in to the corner and finding nothing, I could hear geese in the distance. I snuck around the bend, to see them over near the mouth of Rock Creek. After carefully sneaking to the far tree line, I spotted them actually tucked up along the tree line just this side of the creek mouth. A careful crawl up into the second growth put me in the position to put the hurt on them. I hopped out in the most perfect place and knocked down three of the fifteen or so that were there. After recovering my birds, I returned the truck. Sam and I proceeded to go pick up the wood I was wanting. On the way home, I checked a fairly recent clearcut where I knew some more yellow cedar would be waiting. While hauling a split round to the truck I heard geese and spotted another group flying down the clearcut towards us. A dash to the truck, a sudden toss of the round into the truck, a quick grab of the shotgun, and a proper positioning on a landing allowed me to knock down number 4 and fill my limit. Cyndi was really shocked at the size of these birds. They are going to taste really good roasted this winter! And Baby Girl, well she really liked what dad brought home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment