
While smoking the otter meat at Kenny and Ezzy's house the kids totally enjoyed rebuilding a fort that Kenny and his son started when they were younger. The kids were hammering away! Pat, Pat, Pat went the hammer. Kathleen said there were more nails than wood in their fort. Whatever they hammered seemed to hold though. Here is Pook resting in the hammock that was already placed there.
"Whew!" She exclaimed!

Mitchell loved the sound of the hammer on the nails more than he liked actually building. One hammer wasn't enough for all three. Two hammers wasn't enough. They seemed to do well with 2 and a half hammers. I went home and got one of our hammers. There was a half a hammer there on the ground and Ezzy had one. The ceiling was a good idea since it was raining a little bit. The kids sure enjoyed building. It kept them busy for about 5 hours non-stop!
Before Jo came along, Kathleen was helping Mitchell and Danielle. I

couldn't believe how long they stayed up there pounding away. When it was time to go home all they said was, "Mom, Dad, we're coming back tomorrow to FINISH the fort!" I was like, "Uhm...maybe some other time." I'm sure the neighbors had enough pounding for one day. :))
No comments:
Post a Comment