Sunday, September 2, 2007

Momma Makin Homemade Kelp Relish

Uncle Ezzy brought us out kelping on a fine Southeast day. First we found a bunch of kelp at a low tide then bended over the boat and cut pieces about a yards length in put them in a 5 gallon bucket.

Then we peeled the outer skin off the kelp. Cut them into quarters lengthwise and let them soak in fresh water over night and by next day they were as crisp as Dorito chips.


The next day I put the kelp through the grinder and grind them up and chopped them up, gathered up and added up...beating till they crunched up nice and fine.....thennnnnnnnnnnnn

I put it in a huge pot and cooked it for a few minutes then canned them.

I made about 3 cases of kelp relish and shared half with my friend Maricia.

Perhaps if you're really really nice (not naughty) You'll get one for Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment